Welcome To The HardCam.
This camera is currently pointed at our machine room. We will admit that it does not show much, but you can catch people coming and going from there all day. So check back now and then. :)
Image will appear below this line. Not all browser like "pushing images". If so you will
not get an image. The second image will not push and should work for all browsers.
- The server is one of the orginal MAC SE30's purchased around 1989 by the company owner, Robert Hardesty. It was his first computer ever purchased. It is Apple's greatest achievement in All-In-One Mac's. It has stereo sound, a blazingly fast 16 Mhz processor and a Math coprocessor. The SCSI disk is a giant 120 megs and runs System 7.1 OS on only 8 Megs of Ram!
- The camara is from Connectix. It is a color QuickCam. This one was obtained directly from an employee at Connectix during a trip Robert took to the company.
- Network connectivity is provided by a Dyna Pocket SCSI/link adapter plugged into the SCSI port. We were amazed that it stilled worked after four years of being buried at a bottem of a box!
- The software for the HardCam server is called WebCamToo. We are running version 1.4. Not bad, only crashes about once a week:)
- The camera will feed images for about 2 mins every 10 seconds.
- We will admit that it is no speed daemon and lags a bit, but we are pleased that it actually works!
- The machines on the right are the servers that Hardlink uses to provide services to our customers. They are mostly SUN Sparc WorkStations of many flavor. The machines on left are customers who have chosen to colocate their servers with us.
- The bank of blinking red lights is our old Modem Bank. It has 16 Boca Modems that support 33.6 Kbps. We
keep them around for users who have not upgrade to our NEW V.90 56Kbps stuff. The modems are connected to a
Cumputone PowerRack. Very nice box.
Non pushed image.
If there is not any image appearing it could be night time.
Try back again during the day.
Any comments, please email them to us.
This page is
1191 North Main Street, Suite 208
Randolph, MA 02368
Telephone: (781) 961-4800
Toll Free: 1 (877) 961-4800
Fax: (781) 961-4805